Thursday, August 27, 2026

THOUGHTS About The News.

Previously posted on my Facebook Page.

This sort of journalism isn’t really about providing “spade is spade” info, but a clear tactical feed on “influencing” viewership a-la supermarket tabloid distraction. Flash over facts. <>NBC: “DOJ says Trump admin. was warned about peeling Reflecting Pool before blaming vandals.” Isn’t it easy to tell of a “peeling” paint or whatever from a vandalized spot? / Washington Post: “Trump wants a ballroom in Ireland. One man is having a ball fighting it.” Left-wing media can easily ask Mr Trump, “What about a ballroom in the Philippines, Saudi Arabia, and Brazil?” Don would smirk and say, “Why not!” LOL! πŸ›πŸ—½πŸ›



If my grandchildren ask me about my opinion or insight on these news, I’d tell them to either ignore the news or dig up more information. The pragmatic youth will just shrug and return to texting a friend about stuff; the smarter youngster would google some more, read old magazines and books, and educate themselves. Why? I don’t recommend today’s journalism to the young, unless they research more and just take what the media tosses at them, with a grain of salt. Dig up some more.

      Today’s news examples: <>AFP: “North Korea fires suspected missiles hours after Trump says he’ll meet Kim.” A surefire pitch to ruin POTUS’s talks with the strongman. / <>CBS: “ICE emails show Iran had a say in who was put on deportation flights.” I mean, really? LOL! <>BBC: “Trump says he's launching 'economic D-Day' on Iran and warns other countries.” This is the same media rabble-rouse that Trump will invade any country on a whim.

      We need to be more than “grownups” to bite such a proliferation of tabloid journalism. Are these just juvenile rationales as tips to bet on Polymarket and Kalshi? πŸ“°πŸ’»πŸ“°


Page Six: “Taylor Sheridan kills 'Yellowstone' spinoff '6666' for a deeply personal reason.” Taylor got enough of “Yellowstone” stuff already? The franchise had 5 seasons. Then there’s 2 prequels, 2 direct spinoff/sequel series, plus another prequel in development.

      I do enjoy Mr Sheridan’s work, seriously. But not 100 percent. “Tulsa King,” I didn’t like. The sappy “The Madison” was a huge, unexciting bore (sic!) And although I do like the overall writing (and action sequences) in the “Lioness” series, the first episode of the current Season 3 turned me off. The use of dogs in assault sequences isn’t based on actual military practice. Etc etcetera. Yes, I don’t like animals used for “extreme” cinematic bombast, just because. πŸŽ₯πŸ“ΊπŸ“½


CNN: “Election takeaways: Progressive Angie Nixon scores an upset victory in Florida.” I needed to remind some friends that this is Democratic Party Primary. Not a midterm (national) election. In all, this is not really good for Blue. A proof that the Left is self-destructively divided now. Would the other (Primary-defeated) side vote for the progs in the midterm or 2028 POTUS run? (Think about the Bern lesson.) Or will they go Right, or boycott the election? Then Red takes advantage. πŸ›πŸ—½πŸ›


Reuters: “Trump's order on U.S.-South Korea drills came without advance notice to either side.” So what? Although I don’t bite the (news)-feed that Seoul et al weren’t advised, what's the big deal? War games per se aren’t good. (Google why.) I covered the same decades ago, how this grand silliness destroyed a tiny coastal town in the Philippines.

      Meanwhile, here are more related negativity BS or “but…” in Left-wing media's Trump coverage. Associated Press: “North Korea shrugs off Trump's scaled-back military drills with South Korea.” Well, I also shrug off this so-called report. And CBS: “Iran says it will not accept a ceasefire as Trump downplays hope for a deal.” Oh well. As though anti-Trump “journalists” have an "inside-line" on Tehran's hardline leadership or chills over tea with the IRGC. ☮️☮️☮️


No comments:

Post a Comment